Saturday, October 14, 2006

Istanbul, Days 1 & 2

We're here! After a tremendous run-for-the-plane and make it within minutes (seconds, maybe?), we took off from Dulles on Thursday evening and arrived here in Istanbul on Friday.

Istanbul is a BUSY city. Fast, crowded, and a few times the sun has poked through the clouds to reveal the beautiful blue of the water. Despite our jet-lag, we are soaking up the time with Ally and loving just experiencing her world at her side ... and it's a crazy world. Ally has a beautiful apartment on the 9th floor overlooking a busy neighborhood on the Asian side of Istanbul. It's the middle of Ramadan here, so the early morning and late evenings are particularly busy as locals rush to/from their feasts in preparation for "fasting" throughout the day.

We'll definitely take the time to write more soon, but wanted to at least let you all know we made our first flight - even though just barely :).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey guys, I am so glad you are in the city I love! I am keeping you in my thoughts and have missed you a great deal. I wanted to write you but guess what I don't have your email - can you give it to me? Thanks guys, Sarah Gonzalez

brooke mardell said...

Sure thing, girl - it's jasonandbrookemiller@yahoo.com. We don't have yours either, or I would write you directly!