Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hmmm, He really does …

Yes, we know that our Father guides our footsteps, but every now and then He provides reminders to really know that to be true. This is one of those times for me. When we were first planning this trip, we went back and forth about whether to include a stop here in Israel, particularly with everything going on with Hezbollah. We opted to leave it out of the itinerary until about two days before we bought our flight tickets, when I (Brooke) realized that I had left my dear friend, Wendy, out of the equation. I must admit I dismissed the idea that a visit to my strong, independent friend would be anything but a selfishly enjoyable time. But the Father lovingly chided my heart and prompted us to add Israel back onto the itinerary. His timing could not be more evident. It has been the selfishly enjoyable time I expected, as my heart has simply rejoiced to be with Wendy and back in this Land. But it’s more, too … He knew that my Wendy would need some good friends this week - reminders of His grace and the freedom that comes with that; reasons to laugh and play and be distracted from tears. She left her job this week (her last day was Monday), which is never an easy choice and comes with a whole new set of decisions. Her mom is here this week, too, and we’ve all marveled at the Father’s coordination. He knew. He cares about the details … He really does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just got caught up in it all. Thank you for sharing not only what you are doing, but how the Lord is molding you both through the experiences. May He continue to touch you, teach you and prepare you for what ever He has planned for your futures!

Anonymous said...

First, if I had known it was your birthday Mr. Miller I would have been sure to wish you a happy one- so...happy birthday! Second, my aunt and uncle just left for Israel today. Crazy huh? Miss you both! I love reading all of your amazing insight and seeing how the Father is stretching and challenging you!