Monday, April 09, 2007

God - the Magnificent Artist

I read a quote the other day and I don't remember it exactly but I can fake it enough to get the point across ...

Nothing pleases the creater more than to have others explore his creation.

This has not hit so close to the heart as this past week. For some reason it is easy to believe that anything we enjoy is "selfishness" and not of our creator. Yet plainly we serve a God who delights in being delighted in. Swim his waters and see the myriads of colors and shapes. Walk his shores and see the rugged coast contrast with smooth perfectly white sand. Sit beneath his sky and watch the deep blue explode into pinks and yellows as the sun sets for the day. The attention to detail speaks of an artist who takes pride in the beauty of his craft. One who takes pleasure in the praise, awe, and wonderment of those who behold the work of his hand. During this easter week I didn't read much of his story written on paper, but I heard his witness shouted through a thosand voices of fish and island, rock and water, hue and scape. We have run along his canvas, swam in his aquariam, bathed in the beauty of his creativity.

Who can fathom the depth of our God? Our Magnificent artist?

2 comments:

T-Dub said...

I agree. I think that God is pleased when we enjoy his creation and give him praise for it. Britt and I had a similar sort of experience at the beach the other day. We haven't been in a while, so just sitting there looking at the sand, ocean and sky was amazing. I'm sure that is nowhere near as beautiful as some of the places you guys have seen, but it was still a great reminder of creation. Thanks for pointing that out to the rest of us.

escamillaweddings said...

word.