Saturday, September 16, 2006

2 weeks out: His take


I spoke in a junior high/high school chapel this week on the topic of significant living. I was challenged with what makes our upcoming trip significant? Is it the many people both believing and non that we are going to share life with? Is it the fact that we are traveling in one direction around the world? Is it that we have given up our jobs and sacrificed many of the luxuries we are accustomed to in order to attempt this trip?

The answer was surprising to me. I was stuck with the question of what makes my life on any day significant. The answer when all is said and done is my relationship to the Father. Not my actions, not my accomplishments, not my ideals. Simply my relationship. This being the case, then the significance of this trip is solely based on the One who has called us to go. To be in relationship with Him is to be significant to this life whether in the States or around the world.

As we are three weeks as we are 3 weeks away from beginning this new saga of life, I share the challenge with you as well:

What is your significance based on? What is significant about where you have been called to go? When you recognize your worth lies in the One who is in fact Worthy and respond to this undeserved offer of daily relationship with humility, your significance will be defined with clarity.

No comments: