Saturday, September 16, 2006

2 weeks out: Her take

Questions swamp my mind, tasks consume much of my waking time, but thankfully, peace remains dominant as we gaze into the unknown. And really, whatever is ahead in life is always unknown, but maybe when you're getting ready to live out of a backpack and enter cities you can't even properly pronounce, you're just more aware of it.

This summer has brought me through many lessons already. I've been re-reading 'Hinds' Feet on High Places' and sadly recognized how closely I resemble little "Much-Afraid." But my Shepherd tenderly, and sometimes laughingly, continues to guide in the path He has chosen. He is teaching me to fear Him alone. To recognize His sovereignty in EVERYTHING. Because it really is all or nothing when you're talking about Him - either He is all He says He is, or He is none of it.

Beyond this, He is teaching my heart to receive and even indulge in the simple enjoyment of anticipating this trip. I am amazed that we have this opportunity, grateful that even as lil' Much-Afraid, He has opened doors for Jason and I to explore, to serve, to play, and to risk.

No comments: