Sunday, January 21, 2007

Roadblocks

We’ve tried to make three different trips to three different villages and have run into a variety of “roadblocks” (sickness, ferries “not working” due to corruption - i.e., only working for a certain price, a disease within the country Harold feels strongly about not contributing to, etc.). All we can do is shrug and remember “man plans his ways, but the Lord directs his steps”.

And the one trip that was roadblock-free? The safari (literally “trip” in Swahili) to Katavi. I’m prone to rank things I think are ‘just for pleasure’ at the bottom of the priority list, so in my economy I would’ve thought that if we were only going to actually succeed in one of the four planned safaris, it “should” be the one we wouldn't be able to take. But no, that’s not what the Father keeps teaching me … His economy seems to prioritize not just what I think I can DO for Him, but also what I can simply ENJOY.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

B and J, I have benn thinking and prying for you quite a bit recently I miss you around here and simply desire a Wednesday night dinner just to sit and listen to all your stories - i eagerly await that time when you return and we can do that, I am amazed at the things you have done and how God has worked as we knew he would just wanted you to know you have not been forgotten and i love you "mom and dad" Sarah

brooke mardell said...

Yes, a wednesday night dinner is definitely on the summer agenda - might have to borrow someone else's living room, though :). Good to hear from you, girl. Much love ...

T-Dub said...

Hey, our living room is always open. We should have a different place by summertime, so we would probs have some more space than our UP apt. Britt and I have made root beer bbq beef a couple times now and each time it reminds us of you guys and the awesome times we've had. We are looking forward to those times when you return.

I am so glad that the Father is giving you things to enjoy. I believe that He fills our life with joy when we are serving him. I pray that your lives are continually filled with His joy.

Anonymous said...

hey guys..you are crazy..i can't believe youve ben to so many places already!!..hey and there wasn't an attachment with your last email..so I never got it. I'm praying for you guys

Anonymous said...

looks like you guys are having a great time and learning a lot. Thanks for sharing, be safe. Praying for you!